Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And I wasn't even wearing tight pants!!!

This morning I stopped at Starbucks to get a birthday gift for a friend. Of course, I also got a latte and a cinamon scone. The total of my order was about $20. I handed my debit card to the cashier, who informed me (quite loudly....) that the card was declined. Call it bad timing on my part, a humongous daycare check for February, and life. I was parked right out front so I said, "Hang on, I'll get my credit card." Took me about 30 seconds, and when I came back in, the cashier said, "Ma'am, you've been taken care of." He pointed to a gentleman leaving the store, who raised his coffee to me and left.

So, thank you, stranger man! You made my day, and I will try to pay it forward to someone else.

See? Sometimes good people come out of the wordwork!


You should pay it forward today, too!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow. That's awesome. Shit like that gives me faith in humanity.

Jenn H said...

That is so great!! Like Bethany said, it restores a bit of faith in mankind.

Anonymous said...

The your friend was SO grateful for the Latte and mug you got her! She is lucky to have a friend like you where she works. You make me laugh daily and so for that alone I am grateful. Thanks Jane.

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...