Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day rocks!

Here are a few things that happened this weekend for Mother's Day #3:
  • I took an awesome afternoon nap with Charbaby.
  • I got a new Wii game (Super Mario Bros...bringing back lots of memories. Love it!)
  • I ate a cinamon bun AANNDD 2 pieces of Sara Lee Coffeecake.
  • I changed 4 poopy diapers.
  • I gagged as Todd and I cleaned out the froggy potty full of rotavirus poop.
  • I snuggled with my boys who are infected with a little rotabug.
  • I sewed a hole in the quilt my great grandmother made for me about 30 years ago. This was special because I could tell she hand quilted it, and I was sewing right over where she quilted so long ago.
  • I broke up a few fights, and watched Todd break up a few fights.
  • I secured a sub for tomorrow and wrote sub plans.
  • I talked to my Mom who gives herself a hard time, but is a great Mom. She sent me some awesome pajamas and a lovely card. (I sent her nothing. I'm the one that sucks.)
  • I watched the boys alternate between playing hide and seek and watching "The Wizard of Oz" in the basement after dinner.
  • I ate a delicious beer butt chicken for dinner.
  • I took the boys and Char to the Natural History Museum, which was another special moment to share because I went there so often as a kid.

IT WAS A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY.

AND ROTAVIRUS CAN SUCK IT.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ick about the rotavirus, but the rest sounded like a great Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you had a great day - well except the poop and the breaking up of fights :). Hope those boys kick that virus' butt soon. Geesh.

The T-Dude said...

We have Mario...my daughter and I love it! She's is constantly saving my virtual butt.

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...