Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Last day of Whole 30!

Today is my last day of doing Whole 30! It has been a challenge. Yes, I have cheated a couple times, but only very minor cheats. For example, I had a cupcake at a bridal shower (it gave me the worst headache ever), I had a lick of Charlotte's ice cream yesterday (divine), and I just ate a fig newton (starvation took over). So, I think it was successful, overall. I think it will be interesting reintroducing some foods and seeing what happens.

The way Whole30 works is that it is an elimination diet. You eliminate sugar, gluten, and dairy (plus some other stuff) and see how you feel, etc. after 30 days. I have felt better, actually! My doctor suggested I keep out gluten, sugar, and alcohol going forward because "Lyme likes those things." So I am going to try to do that - but I really want a drink and an ice cream! LOL. I also am really sick of two things: eggs and potatoes.


I am doing well with the herbs, too! I did not have a reaction to Biocidin, and other than the taste, it seems to be helping my joint pain and other symptoms. I have been tracking my symptoms and they have taken a big down turn this week - so that's good! My doctor asked me to add in iron, charcoal, and vitamin D - so I am waiting until school gets out to add those to my regimen. So far I am taking: Lexapro, Zyrtec, Bulbur/Pinella, and Biocidin. Next week I will add the Byron White formulas: A-Lyme and A-Bart as well as the supplements. I'm going to need a planner to keep track! 

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...