Wednesday, June 04, 2008

6 word memoir

I was tagged by Tonya at A Day in My Life...

The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Here are the rules: 1. Write your own six word memoir. 2. Post it on your blog or in my comment section and include a visual illustration if you’d like. 3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post. 4 .Tag five more blogs with links. (Optional!) 5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

Mom, educator, safe-keeper of children. Determined.

I am tagging:
1.My Mother
2. E
3. Kim at G-Town Gal
4. My Mother-in-Law
5. Kami

For those of you that don't know how to do comments, you can email me and I will post yours. :)

If I didn't tag you, don't despair, you can still participate! Just copy and paste this post and include it on your own blog to initiate your own string of the game.

ETA a note from my Dad: Your hemingway post is not quite accurate. He was attempting to write the shortest possible short story--not give autobiography. To write narrtive fiction you need plot, character, and setting. To achieve that in 6 words--now that's the trick. Anyway, there is a recently published book of these stories--many of them done by famous people. It was reviewed in the Post about 2 months ago. There is also a web site with versions that did not make the book. I read a bunch of them--none are as good as hemingway's.

GaGa's Memoir: Worn many hats. New Bonnet. Grandmother!



2 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

Love it, love it, love it. Perfectly chosen words.

Anonymous said...

Great memoir, thanks so much for playing!

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...