Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weigh-in Thursday

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Went to ww tonight to make up my missing yesterday.
Loss: -0.6
Total loss: -34.4
Feeling: fine.

Have been having a lot of knee pain since I started my Nike+ 10k training. I've been down in the dumps because my knee pain has kept me from my other exercise interests like zumba, spin class, and my stairmaster. On the days that I haven't been running, I'm sitting around moping about my knee. It stinks. I ran 5 miles on Saturday, 4 on Tuesday, 2 yesterday, and was scheduled for 4 miles again today. My knee was bothering me enough that I decided I'd run my 4 miles tomorrow and my 5 miles on Sunday. But then I had an epiphany. I know I can run a 10K. Well, I can jog it. So, I am adjusting my activity to return to my happy place and stop this crazy-ass training regimen. My body just doesn't seem strong enough yet for this amount of mileage. I need to go back to running just 1-2 times per week and maybe not quite so far. I need to go back to my Sunday morning spin class, my Monday zumba class, my awesome weight training my friend Laura made for me, and my stairmaster craziness. The knee pain and resulting depression is not worth it!

I still am going to do the 10k and am super excited to run with my friend E.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself.

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...