Monday, May 02, 2011

OBL

I have this weird, creepy feeling about the news about bin Ladin. I don't know how to express my creeped-out-ness because on one hand, I believe he should have been stopped but on the other I am dismayed at the celebration in the streets over his death. I found this quote on a blog I read regularly:

While it's necessary to stop terrorists, sometimes with violence, it is barbarous to gloat over the execution of an enemy. I find the chanting crowds cheering over the corpse disturbing, and the triumphal tone of our leaders is misplaced. We killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and threw away trillions of dollars, and our trophy is the bloody corpse of one old man? There's no victory in that.


I thought he did a good job summing up my thoughts. Too bad I can't put my own thoughts so eloquently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly. Thank you for putting into words what I have been feeling. Mom

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...