Thursday, May 26, 2011

Excuses

Last night's weight watchers meeting was all about exercise. It was a good topic, and the meeting was pretty good, but the participants were very lack-luster in their feelings for exercise. I did earn *2* of the 5K charms pictured above, since I ran a 10K on Sunday. :) That was cool.

The meeting got me thinking about exercise and the excuses I give myself to NOT exercise. Some of the excuses our group listed were: too tired, too lazy, too busy, too embarassed, too rainy/hot/humid/cold, too yucky, and too painful. This morning I set my alarm to start Jillian's 30 Day Shred and definitely hit the snooze button two times and had to really motivate myself to get out of bed. I didn't want to, I was making excuses in my mind, I was trying to justify doing the video later, I was trying to say "but it's Charlotte's birthday" and "I need sleep" and even "What if I can't do the moves?"

There were two monumental thoughts that got my fat ass out of bed:

1. I want to be at my goal weight MORE than I want a few extra minutes of sleep. I want to be at my goal weight MORE than I want that extra cookie. I want to be at my goal weight MORE than sitting on my butt not exercising.

2. I am worth it.

It's time to stop making excuses and really buckle down. It's almost summer and it's only 5 months until my birthday. 5 months to lose 24 pounds. Time to get it done. There is a time to eat that special cookie, there is a time to eat that extra cupcake, drink that extra beer (or 2 or 4). But that time is not EVERY time. Balance, exercise, and confidence. I can do this!

1 comment:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...