Monday, August 15, 2011

Alcohol and Running? Not so much.

Friday night we had a little mini-Overtones reunion. The Overtones is an a cappella group that Todd and I were in at JMU. We have some great friends from the group and while we don't get together as often as we'd like, when we do get together we have a blast. Friday night was a great get-together. Kerry (aka Sparkles) made some sangria (aka 2 bottles of red wine with some tequila-soaked fruit) and we ate BBQ food. We actually had dessert first because Craig brought a huge cake that wouldn't fit in the fridge. I wish I had a picture of that. It wasn't until dinner was over that I thought to  bring out the camera.

Sparkles.
 
David and Craig.

Me and Danny. This picture is here because my face looks SO THIN!!!

Anyway, what is the point of this blog post? Well, it's to share that drinking a lot is not conducive to running. I skipped my run on saturday because of a mild dehydration/headache/hangover and vowed to do my 5 miles on Sunday with extra power! Ummmm...nope. Even 2 days later, I still couldn't get moving enough to have a good run. I felt slow, tired, and seriously dehydrated.

The verdict? No more than 1 drink a night until marathon is over. Phew, that's a big challenge.

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...