Monday, August 22, 2011

Beach: 75% chaos.

Ah, the beach.....what a relaxing, beautiful, sunshiny way to rest before school starts.....ahhhh, smell the ocean air, feel the gentle breeze, listen to the screaming children. Screaming children?! Where's the sound of the waves crashing on the shore?! Where are the seagull calls and the gentle engine sounds of the advertising planes?!!!! NO WHERE BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK OVER THE SCREAMING, WHINING, CHILDREN!!!!!!

OK, OK, it wasn't that screamy...but there were moments of total insanity at the beach. Here is a picture of Owen's usual location. We would be sitting on the beach, enjoying the moment for 4.6 seconds and he would say, "Can we go watch TV now?"
Beach baby Charlotte. Sand in every orifice and skin fold is a sign of a beach baby, right? Nevermind that she was afraid of the water. The beach we stayed at had these cute little swingsets spread out on the beach - great idea. Char would spend all day swinging if she could. Unfortunately for her, Todd and I would only push her for 30 minutes or so each day. (Mostly Todd).
The beach one night after dinner:
Muscle man Owen:
Building a sand castle. The condo we stayed in is two balconies above Owen's head!
The elusive bathing suit photo.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....can you believe that I have lost 50 pounds! (We'll see how much I kept off while eating ice cream and cheese balls at the beach....)
Charlotte, during one of her timeouts for hitting Owen over the head with a shovel:
This is a pucture of Owen acting like "King Grog the Old" during Viking putt-putt. Cracked me up.
The adorable boys at putt-putt. :)
Charlotte, taking a break from putt-putt to sit in a dragon egg, and then demonstrating her putting form. Look out, LPGA!!
Riding a bullfrog. That's what she said.
Family photo-op. I set the camera on one of those swingsets, hit the timer, and BAM! Look how it turned out! I should be a pro.
Henry wasn't a big fan of the camera this weekend. Here he is, giving me the finger:

3 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

You look freaking hot in that bathing suit woman. I'm so proud of you.

And I love that Char and Miss M have the same bathing suit. I can't believe how long and curly Char's hair has gotten. She's beautiful.

Despite the 75% chaos it looks like you had a fabulous time.

The Clearys said...

Awwww, I totally LOVE your family vacation pictures! Beach vacations are SO not relaxing - I'll agree with you there LOL! But you look great and the kids were smiling a lot too so it appears to have been successful :)

R. J. and Heather said...

Looks like a great trip and you are one amazing Momma!

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...