Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Community

December 7 –Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)
I am so lucky at my job. Even if I complain that I don’t like the way things are going job/education/public school/meetingsoutthewazoo-wise, I am very lucky to have fabulous friends and coworkers there. Even when the day-to-day demands are obnoxious and I am feeling unsatisfied and unappreciated (90% of the time), I have this fabulous community to lean on, vent to, and share with. This is a rather new community that we have discovered this year because we all have young children and we get together often for playdates and parties. This has been an invaluable source of camaraderie and friendship for me this year. There are days where I don’t want to work where I work, but then I think of my coworkers and have second thoughts….
The community I would like to connect more deeply with in 2011? My family. Not just my immediate family, but all family. I feel like sometimes we are in such a rush to do trivial stuff that we don’t connect enough with our family. I mean, really. We see our extended family once per year. That’s crazy. Of course, distance makes it hard, but there is skype, and facebook, and the telephone. I want to do a better job of keeping in touch with family. And speaking of my immediate family, my husband and I need to do a better job connecting with each other as well. Someone find me some extra time, quick!
Reverb10

2 comments:

Jen said...

I wouldn't trade being in the mommy group for anything. It is something I will dearly miss...thus you have to invite me next year too! :D I'd miss you guys too much!

Kim Kirschner said...

I agree about the family. Let's make an effort to Skype more! We may have to plan it into the schedule to actually succeed!:)

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...