Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In and Reverb10.

Weekly Weigh-In: -3.6
Cause of losing 7.2 pounds in 2 weeks: The stomach flu.

Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)

This prompt makes me a little sad. I, unfortunately, have done a bad job this year of expressing gratitude or appreciation to anyone or anything. As I have been getting healthier, I have also been thinking a lot about the other aspects of my life that I would like to improve. One of those things is, in fact, expressing gratitude for the wonderful things in my life.

I am quick to complain. I am quick to criticize. But I am slooowwww to praise some people and things in my life. At school, I am the praisemaster - positive behavior system? check. passing out those stickers? check. praising the kids for breathing? check. But when I am home, I forget to dole out praise to the boys that clean up without being asked (not often), that eat all their food (almost never) and that give their sister a kiss (once in a blue moon). I also forget to praise the other boy at home that I appreciate all he does around the house for me, for the kids, and for the dogs.

I have come to appreciate more things in my life - what I have, what I can do, the family I have created - but the outward ability to express my extreme gratitude to these people and things is something I need to work on.

2011 resolution? I think so.
Reverb10

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...