Friday, October 13, 2006

Did they switch?

We had a measurement ultrasound today and everything looked fine. The baby on the right weighs 2 lbs even and the baby on the left weighs 2 lbs, 2 oz. They aren't sure if leftie is still Baby B or not...they can't tell if they switched places or if B just wedged himself down lower. Both are head down now, and moving around a lot. When the doctor came in, I told him I hoped he wasn't sending us back to the hospital! He said "well, it seems to be the trend today!" But in the end, he said things looked fine. Good news! I asked him about the pain I was getting on my right side, and he said that since it seems to go away when I switch sides that it's probably just round ligament pain. It sure did hurt a lot this afternoon, so I hope that he's right! And I hope things continue to look good.
I recently read a post about doing "kick counts" that said you should count your babies kicks and they should give 10 kicks every 2 hours. That makes me nervous, too, because my boys will be quiet for hours on end! I guess everyone is different. I'm not sure if it means the baby should kick 10 times during an active 2 hours, but if that's the case, we're cool. I assume it doesn't mean every 2 hours?!
I started sewing a t-shirt quilt yesterday. Who KNOWS how it's going to turn out, but it will be my first venture into hand sewing and hand quilting. I got a book from the library to help me, but their "easy template" is freakin' hard. So, I just cut a bunch of t-shirts into the same size and we'll just see how it goes. So far, I've got about 14 pieces sewn together and I think it's going OK. Once I have to join the rows, though, that might be a problem!
My Mom is coming to town tomorrow night for a shower that is being held at my step-mom's house on Sunday. Should be interesting, that's for sure. I am excited about the shower, but worried about any drama that might occur. I just want everyone to be cool and not bother me about their issues! It will be weird to have a lot of baby stuff around after the shower. It will start to seem more REAL! Yikes! :)
OK - time for dinner. My friends at school have been more than generous at giving us dinner twice a week. I can't believe how nice they have been. Todd hasn't had to cook in a while, which I know he is thankful for. Tonight we are eating chicken leftovers from last night.
Glad the weekend is here - that means it's one more day closer to 27 weeks. Off to eat and incubate!

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...