Thursday, October 19, 2006

At least 2 weeks!


Went to the doctor yesterday because I was having menstrual-like cramps...so the doctor gave me a fetal fibronectin test. This is a swab test they do to see if there is a certain something in your body that is a sign of impending labor. So...mine came back negative, which is great news! It means at least for 2 weeks, I won't have the babies! :) I feel a lot better. He did tell me to start taking Metamucil regularly...which is hard because I have memories of the nasty drink. Todd got me the pills, but it says to take 5 at a time! What? I took 5 yesterday, and I'm about to take 2 today. We'll see if it causes a "blowout" - if you know what I mean! Ha ha!
I am going to start to teach myself to knit today. My great friend, E, gave me some yarn and a beginners book for my shower, so I am going to attempt it!!
I never wrote about the baby shower, did I? It was a really nice time. My step-mom had psycho-decorated and the house looked great, as usual. There was a TON of food, and I spent the whole time on the couch! I felt really bad that I had to lie down the whole time, but it actually worked out pretty well. It was really overwhelming because we opened presents so fast and got SO much stuff. We got a lot of clothes, and it was a great idea to do a theme of ages - each guest got a different age group and bought things for that age. So, we got quite a bit of 24 month outfits, which is great. Anyway, we have yet to go through the stuff, and we may start separating this weekend...we'll see!
I am so comfy today is my new robe, given to me by my good friend, Allie. It is great. I am looking forward to lasagna for lunch! Yum!
Later!

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...