Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday is a new week...

Another day in paradise!
We are trying to celebrate small milestones...today's milestone is hitting 25 weeks pregnant. Plus, my shortness of breath is almost totally gone now. I think it must have been from the magnesium I had at the hospital. At any rate, I am trying to have some positive moments during this tough time!
It bugs me when people say, "Oh, I'd love to be on bed rest for a few weeks!" Really? You'd like to only be allowed to get up and go pee, shower every other day, and not even be able to go downstairs and make a sandwich? It's no fun, folks. Plus, when you are just lying around, you feel every little thing your body does and you wonder if you are in labor, having gas pains, feeling babies move, etc. It's nerveracking and scary.
I just read another blogspot that I thought was great. I don't know how to post links yet. But she was saying how crazy it is to be pregnant and on bed rest because you want to plan for a good outcome but you also want to not get your hopes up TOO much just in case something does go wrong. That hits the nail on the head for me.
My dogs are getting antsy today - I don't know why, usually napping by my side is OK with them.
My leggings that I have to wear to prevent blood clots are hurting, too. I am excited to take my shower today and give myself a little break from the tights! That will be nice.
'Bout time to take my next pill. At least I don't have to set the alarm for this one. Last night at 3:30 AM I awoke to "Carnival" by Natalie Merchant when it was time to take my pill. Now I will be singing it all day.

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...