Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Celebrate the small things!


We've made it to 26 weeks! Another milestone.
Todd is going to pick up a book about hand quilting for me from the library today. Maybe it won't be too hard and I'll be able to have something to show for my days in bed. I can sew some blankies for the boys. They may come apart at the seams once we start using them, but I'll do my best.
Yesterday I read "How I Paid For College - a Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship, and Musical Theater". It was funny and good. I spent all afternoon reading it and then couldn't put it down. It's by Marc Acito and my dad gave it to me. It's always kind of awkward when your parents give you books about sex (gay sex, nonetheless) and then say "How was the book?" I'm always like, "ummmm I liked the storyline." My Dad and I share an interest in John Irving, and his latest book was ALL about weird sex and we were reading it at the same time and just stopped talking about it other than to say, "it's kind of weird." It's like when a sex scene comes on tv when you are in high school and you convieniently have to go to the bathroom right away so you don't have to watch it with your parents.
Anyway, hopefully I'll be a professional quilter in no time. And if not, maybe I can just read a zillion books.
Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...