Monday, October 16, 2006

Got my orange drink!

Had an appointment today with my ob/gyn. It was good, and we finally feel like we got some good answers to a lot of questions. We met a new doctor in the practice that I had heard some great things about, and he came through with some good statements. He told us about a new study that shows magnesium sulfate does nothing for preterm labor, but that since there isn't much research on PTL that most doctors take the "safe route" and do the magnesium and other drugs just to make sure. He told us that real labor wouldn't go away even with mag, so that we know that we were never "in labor". He also reaffirmed that bed rest is the best thing when pregnant with multiples - that it usually doesn't work for singletons, but with multiples it has so much added benefit because you aren't using your own calories, but the babies are! Then THEY get much fatter and that's great news. He said I would probably be able to stop taking the procardia after 35 weeks (aahhhh!) and that he'd like to deliver at 38 weeks. That would make the due date January 2nd! I was hoping for 2 pre-Christmas babies, but of course would rather have them as big as they can get! The longer they stay in me, the shorter they stay in the NICU. So, we may have to wait until next year to get the tax write-off, but I guess that's ok if we get 2 healthy boys! :)
Classical music and nap time. The dogs are already asleep - Jamison on the back of the couch and Calvin in the big chair.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Bathtub woes

I took an epsom salt bath. It was a humiliating experience. But it actually did help my symptoms. Unfortunately, shoving my fat ass into a m...